In constituting the Foundation, Shri Mataji donated to it all her properties in the Val Borbera, a uniquely beautiful and peaceful piece of country, in the northern Italian region of Piemonte where, since 1991, she herself has resided for many months of the year presiding over innumerable seminars and retreats.
- To read our Act of Constitution, signed by Shri Mataji in 2006, click here.
In so doing she set up the World Centre, a collection of properties with its own special purpose and organisation but nevertheless at the service of the Foundation and its mission.
- for meditation and spiritual regeneration;
- to study and reflect upon the teachings of Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi;
- to conduct research into and explore new and innovative approaches to problems of the world based on the subtle awareness bestowed by Kundalini awakening;
- to find an outlet for the expression of a new spirituality in all aspects of life and culture.
- sponsor, organise and facilitate activities to be held on its properties in the Val Borbera;
- maintain and develp Foundation properties in the Val Borbera so as to best serve its mission;
- set up and maintain a library of the writings and talks of Shri Mataji;
- set up and manage the headquarters of the Foundation and provide secretariat services to the Board of Directors;
- collect and disseminate information about Sahaja Yoga activities and programmes around the world.
- oversee the day-to-day management and operational issues such as, for example, property management, communication & marketing, logistical support services, secretariat services etc.;
- provide leadership and support to the people who work for the Centre, both salaried workers and volunteers;
- advise the Board of Directors on policy and strategy.
The Management Team and the committee are supported by the staff of the Foundation and a network of volunteer workers.
- Palazzo Doria;
- Casa Forme.